Thursday, June 25, 2009

man baby.

This "growing up" thing is getting a little old. ha.

Simon graduated (hehe) from his first year of pre-school this past Tuesday. I dont even know how we got here so quickly? But I do know that I am insanely proud of him.

Things started off a little rough. Tears were shed and leg grabbing was frequent. I of course was sad for him. As the time passed it turned into quick kisses and smiling waves, I of course was sad for me. The little boy who needed me so much was growing up.

On Tuesday I stood alongside my husband as we both beamed at all that he had accomplished. He walked into the room with his class, spotted the brother that he so adores and made a run for him! He was not in the least bit shy or nervous. The time came for the class to show off their singing skills and he belted out Herman the Worm like no bodies business. He skipped on the next song and then rocked his Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. We smiled.

Thank you to Miss Heather & Miss Kirsten from Learning for Little People for allowing Simon to be a part of your class. I have watched him change so much over these months. He truly enjoyed his time with you.

Of course, here are a few snaps of the man baby, one of his many nicknames. If only we could freeze time.

**on a side note...the top two photos were taken while holding our youngest on my hip. I was pretty happy all things considered!**


spotting his big brother. it totally made his day!

4 comments:

jen s said...

you keep bringing tears to my eyes when you talk about this growing up 'thing'...you have to quit doing that!! ;)

you have one beautiful family brooke!

Grumpa said...

Grumpa says good job Simon and thanks for the pics Brookie

d d p h o t o g r a p h y said...

awww..i love the one of him running toward big brother, you have me feeling all sentimental now...we do grow up too fast dont we...i think i want my childhood back :)

Michele said...

he really is such a MAN now.....and a sweet one at that:) I'd be more than happy for him to date either one of my girls (just not both at the same time:) Little heartbreaker!