Monday, April 27, 2009

three.

I never imagined how quickly the years would pass. The wee little baby that I brought home from the hospital is already THREE. It feels as though I have only blinked and poof...the years are gone.

How would I best describe this wee wonder? Hmmm. All boy and full of mischief would about sum it up. Three has already brought us a nail polish incident [which fortunately was kept to only his body], a climbing mishap which left all of my folded laundry in a heap on the floor and the mister on a high counter. As if that wasnt enough...it seems that a sampling of Grumpa's [our version of Grandpa] deodorant was required. So he quite aggressively applied that to his torso and was left weeping for band aids.

The best part...

That was all in ONE day.

I am sure that three will bring far more challenges than I can even imagine or prepare for. Truth is, I am ready to embrace each and every one of them.

It seems I just cannot help but love this face.




11 comments:

Memories For Life Photography said...

OMG Brooke!!!!! He is just so darn cute, I could eat him up!!!! Gorgeous shots !!!!! :)

BunkUnc said...

Ah Trouble through all the drama the day brought you take a step back and take a look at that kid and your heart melts and those pics are exactly what i'm talkin about great pics Brookie and one truly Great Nephew!!!

Pam Linfitt Photograpy said...

Wow, 3 already?!!! He looks so grown up and so GORGEOUS!!! Great photos!

Michele Dyson said...

I just adore the first and last pics; they are SO "Si". What a sweet little man he is....Hap Birday Si!

Tasha said...

What a handsome little man! He does not look like a baby anymore. Yes begin to embrace the threes. In my experience they are far worse than the twos and it has only gone downhill from there.

Green Peas Photography said...

I remember all the early photos you used to post of him - he has grown into such a little man! I can truly sympathize with you though - my son is only 2 1/2 yrs old - when I hear your stories I can only cringe at what I am about to experience! Great photos & Happy Birthday Si!

d d p h o t o g r a p h y said...

love the last one, wow he really is growing up isnt he? wow. i can see why you love him so much..that face alone...sigh..

Grumpa said...

Just look at what the breakfast of champions produces. A very handsome young man! Oh, and it helps if you have a real good camera to capture those special moments.
Nice work Brookie

Brandi said...

Happy Birthday little man!! He is so handsome Brooke!

Brooke Bowland said...

wow. thanks so much everyone. yup...three...just like that. its tough to even imagine it could have ever gone by this quickly!
three is already proving to be interesting. watching this young man change so quickly each day, is nothing short of amazing!

Brittney Hale said...

totally off subject but... are you going to Jasmines workshop? I am and i can hardly stand it!!! i so hope you are too so we can finally meet.
your shots look great!!! i love all the newborns.