Thursday, April 2, 2009

shower details.

I had the honor of hosting Michele's arrival shower back in March and must admit, I LOVE party planning. It drives the husband nuts as I just don't know when to stop myself...but hey, that's the fun of it all.

The theme was a vintage tea party of sorts. I used my grandmothers china, a beautiful lace table cloth that I scooped up at the second hand store and I hand made all the birdies as favors. Okay, the birds might have put me overboard, but I totally loved making them. Of course finding a branch for the birds proved to be a little dramatic...but it all worked out. I also cut the letters out for Eve's name and stuck them to ribbon, and then onto the newly painted walls. hehe. Anything for a great party!

Added bonus, Isla's first birthday is in May and I am mainly going to rework this theme. Why not right?

Here are some details from the day. Hope that you enjoy them Michele!






9 comments:

Jackie Wonders :: photography blog said...

love. goregous images :)

Memories For Life Photography said...

WOW, Brooke!!! That is absolutely beautiful!!! Which I had a baby shower like that!!! You rocked it!!!!! Very nice job! Beautiful picture's of the day.... 8 )

Sharelle said...

I am in love with that tea set!

Gorgeous party Brooke.

Anonymous said...

great pictures! You are such a great hostess!

d d p h o t o g r a p h y said...

umm oh my gosh...seriously..

(yes i am aware that isnt a real sentence, nor is it an actual compliment..but ive been rendered somewhat speachless)

in my next life i want to return as a much cooler version of myself who is real life friends with you guys..

seriously..

Kristi Steeger said...

Okay Brooke, IF we decide to have another baby I may have to pay you to fly down here and do a shower for me. ;) Fantastic decor - fantastic theme - and of course, fantastic photos!!

Michele said...

Yup.....you seriously seriously rocked the shower. You are officially one-up on me, which just means I have to host another par-tay! Something fun, something not involving the kiddos, something involving booze! I'm going to have to conjure something fab up!

Honestly though, it was beautiful. Perfect celebration to welcome the newest Miss.

Thanks again:)

Brooke Bowland said...

thanks all. it was a great time and i had far too much fun planning it. i LOVE parties i tell yah. lucky for me i have a few coming up!

i really appreciate you all taking the time to peek at my blog and support my work. it means so much!

glad you like them michele. it was a wonderful little tea party. hehe.

Natalia said...

WWWOOOWWW!!!! Brooke I loved the tea party!!! You are a great hostess!!! And by the way let me tell you I LOVED your new look!!!! It looks great!!! Saw Michels pictures and she did a great job!!! And your pictures from the tea party look amazing too!!!! Congrats!!!!