Thursday, January 1, 2009

happy. new. year.

The New Year always gives me that fresh feeling. A clear slate, a start to something unknown. I love it! Of course it is also the date that I married the most amazing man alive.

However I have never been one for the tradition of resolutions...they are hard to keep and I always feel as though I am only setting myself up to let myself down later. Honestly, we all put the highest expectations on ourselves...sheesh. As we rang in the New Year I really got to thinking...what can I resolve to do for 2009?

So, I resolve to be better. Just better. Learn more, love more, understand more...and just be all around better at everything I do. No real expectations, just to bump it all up a notch.

Here's hoping 2009 brings you all something a little better...

Of course, a post without photos is hardly a post at all...so here are a few I grabbed of the little ones before Christmas. Happy New Year all!


5 comments:

Brittney Hale said...

happy anniversary!!! what a great goal--- just to be better, love that. darling babies, as always.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you! And Happy Anniversary too! Beautiful shots of your kiddos :) All the best for a beautiful 2009.

Tasha said...

I'm a day late, but Happy Anniversary Brooke! And really, I don't know how your photos can get any better than they already are! Perfect as always but then again, when there's that much cuteness residing under the same roof, how can you not end up with awesome pictures?!

Brooke Bowland said...

thanks ladies! we had a great one...spent at home ringing in the new year and watching "step brothers"..ha.
appreciate your comments as always! tasha you are too funny...yah they are pretty cute, i sure lucked out there! makes me want more...hehe.

d d p h o t o g r a p h y said...

great resolution brooke..to be better...i concur...perhaps i might steal that one from you...your babies are beauties!