Wednesday, May 27, 2009

one year.

I never paid much attention to time until I watched it pass in the moments of a child. The moments that marked something new and exciting truly seemed to make the time pass much faster. The first smile was followed by rolling over, then came sitting and before I could even take it all in...she was crawling. The coo's, the chatter and the bitty fits she would throw when I was more than two feet from her all seem to have arrived in a blink. I was just holding this tiny new baby in my arms and today I celebrate her first birthday.

One Year. One entire year full of all things baby. I am so excited to see what this next year brings and watch this bitty little Mi-Miss personality develop. But today, I am going to allow myself to be just that little bit sad knowing that my sweet baby girl is now One and that year of babyhood is going to be lived in photographs and memories.

Happy birthday sweet Isla, we love you more than words.









Thanks to Michele for this one. Love it. LOVE! **edited to add** thanks to Aunt Shell (Michele) for the amazing dress. Sigh. I totally LOVE it. It is so her! THANK YOU!!!

6 comments:

Pam Linfitt Photograpy said...

Awww, Brooke, you made me tear up!! I was also sad about 7 months ago when Logan turned one! The photos are beautiful!! And so are the two ladies in them!!

Brandi said...

So beautiful... your words, your photos and your little girl! Happy Birthday beautiful Isla!! xoxox

d d p h o t o g r a p h y said...

ummm when did you become a frick'n supermodel!!! holy crap lady! sexilicious mama!

ok im better now, i just had to get that out of my system..on to the real reason why im leaving a comment...

Happy Birthday miss Beautiful Isla!! she is stunning, i love her portraits and I cant believe we have all shared in her first year..thank you for letting us! Love the location beyond words..

you must feel very blessed :)

Michele said...

Oh.....what a sweet little dolly she has turned out to be:) Can't believe what a big girl she is already. As much as I tell you to stop your crying, I do feel your pain!

So glad we took the photos today, thank you so much as well....next up is your CLAN. You will owe me b.i.g. for that one lady!

Happy Birthday Isla:)

Gingerlylizzy said...

These are SO beautiful Brooke! Wow... What a gorgeous pair of girls!

Natalia said...

OMG!!!! I almost cried!!! Time goes so fast!!!! And now your baby is ONE!!!! WOW!!!! She is so beautiful!!!!! Congrats!!! Great job!!!!