Wednesday, March 25, 2009

does the time go faster as we get older?

At least that is what it feels like. I can remember as a child thinking that the years of school would NEVER end. The days seemed to last forever and every birthday seemed to have an eternity in between.

Flash forward to having my own kiddies and it seems the days are never long enough and the birthdays of course come far too quickly. Although, I am sure that my kids feel the way I did as a child and they can hardly wait to grow up!

This post is to make note of how big our baby girl is getting. It seems as if I closed my eyes for a moment and poof...she turned 10 months!? Sigh.

This Friday our sweet miss Isla will be only 2 months shy of her first birthday. I am of course loving every second...the way she now claps when we say "hooray", her first real sounds of "ba ba ba", how her tiny tongue pops out of her mouth on command and of course how she fake coughs after mama.

I just find it hard to believe that she is growing so quickly and knowing that she is our last is making it the tiniest bit sad...

Someone please give me a newborn to photograph! hehe.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a doll! I know EXACTLY how you feel!

Pam Linfitt Photograpy said...

OMGosh, she is absolutely beautiful! The clarity of your pictures always amazes me!! LOVE them all!!!

Heidi said...

You did end up getting one of those shirts! Love her two new front teeth. too cute!

Memories For Life Photography said...

Oh Brooke! She is so beautiful! I love the first one with her little chicklett's!!! Too cute!!!! Beautiful as usual! You are amazing.... 8)

Tasha said...

Oh my Brooke! She's losing the baby look! What a pretty little girlie and I'm in love with the teeth!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Brooke! I can't believe she is already almost one! What a little beauty. I'll have a newborn for you in the fall...lol...but it's a long time to wait.

d d p h o t o g r a p h y said...

wow she really has grown up! she looks way older! im sad too..hehe..man you make some beautiful children..are you sure its your last??? lol