Friday, December 12, 2008

all that was old is new again.

The chairs...oh the chairs. I cannot tell you how much I love them! I have two and they proudly sit in my great room. They belonged to my grandmother. They are a fantastic golden colour. They are spectacular! They could use a little love...but I just cannot seem to bring myself to changing a thing about them...okay maybe the sharpie mark that Simon tagged the one with during our move...boys...

Looking back has totally warmed my heart! I adore going back through photos that were once passed over, tossed a side...simply "didnt quite make the cut".

I have an obsession with holding onto photos...if they are not a total toss, I will often keep them. At times I have what looks to be 10 of the same image...but I just think of how i may see it in a different light a few weeks later. I am sure that this also comes with developing a style. I will often have an idea, snap the shot, not totally love it....but something tells me to keep it. At times I will then go back and think "how could I have ever pass it over"!

Had to add the last one as it is so very Simon...



6 comments:

Grumpa said...

Great photos Brooke

Jen Berry said...

love love your baby/kid photos. these are sooo cute in the chair. great light in the eyes

Brooke Bowland said...

thanks jen. very much appreciated!

thanks dad. they are growing way too fast. wait til christmas!

Anonymous said...

So lovely :) Excellent clarity in the first one - I can't believe you passed it over! ;)

Kristi Steeger said...

I LOVE the last one!! He just cracks me up!! Great pics, Brooke. Truly great!!

Brooke Bowland said...

i know...i look at that first one now and want it blown up on my wall!! funny how we look at things different from day to day.
he is such a goof kristi...you have no idea!!!