Monday, October 27, 2008

the "d" family

Well some of you may have figured out by now whose belly photo I shared yesterday. For those who didnt...

It is my good friend and fellow photographer Michele! I was able to grab a few belly shots while we were out for her family photos...and I love them. As for the family photos, talk about a challenge. I find it tough shooting when another photographer is in front of the camera...as I of course want to impress and be sure that I am seeing her vision as well. I am thrilled with the ones that I was able to get and hope that Michele is equally impressed...

Thanks all for trusting your family photos to me. I had a great time even with the lights struggles, a little girl who wanted her BP treats and goofy smiles (hehe). I know that I had the easy side as photographing my family of 6 will be the true challenge!





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the light in the first two. Did you use any textures on them?

Anonymous said...

THank you Brooke! I think the first one will be my choice to print bigg"er"; I think I'll leave it in colour as well, as I love how muted it is.

Thanks again:)

AmandaBostik said...

Hi Brooke, I was wondering how you get that 'soft' effect? I'm still new to photoshop but I would love to learn some of your techniques!

You and Michelle do such amazing work!

Amanda

Unknown said...

Wow Brooke your blog looks absolutely amazing. These shots of Michele & Co are are beautiful!

Brooke Bowland said...

thanks so much ladies! it was fun...i totally wish we had done MORE!
amanda...drop me an email and i will see what i can do to help yah out!

d d p h o t o g r a p h y said...

lovely, lovely..as always..even a bit more fun b/c we know the subjects so well :) im loving the soft muted lighting in the first two as well...seriously i think you and michele should do a workshop for us lowly photogs..lol id totally come!

amazing job!

Anonymous said...

i love these shots ... that little girl is precious! great work.

Brooke Bowland said...

a workshop? ha. thanks devon. i am always happy to help where i can...but man i have a lot to learn!!!

thank you erica for your kind thoughts. the little lady is a total gem...i so adore her!

Bella Luce Photography said...

Fabulous photos!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful family! Your work is amazing- fabulous shots!