Saturday, April 5, 2008

it's never easy...

Adding onto Micheles previous post which shows a before and after...

I wanted to say that for those who think that we just walk out, take a few photos, download and voila...you are mistaken! Especially when it comes to little ones. A few "AMAZING" shots can be quite the task. Eye contact is often times non-existant and having a toddler still for more then a few seconds can be somewhat impossible. At this age, props can be a huge help as it distracts them from the camera and gives them a little something to do. You will notice, I was not able to get the prop back at any point in time...so do think through what you allow them to play with as it may end up in part or all of your photos!

So what do we do with these little ones? Shoot shoot shoot. Many of those shots will be tossed, however...you may catch one incredible moment that would otherwise be missed. Yes you will fill up your card in a hurry...but hey, we are digital! On this day I likely took about 150 photos...of those, I would say that under 10 are serious keepers. Outside of those 10, I have another 20 that I love because I am his mama. It was a tough day for light or I do believe I would have more to share.

I see an equipment upgrade in my future...

No comments: